I'm currently installing RedHat 4.2 (I've installed v5.0 and have had
problems which this list could not answer: RE klogd running wild).

I've installed the stock CDROM and now want to update. There are files
in the redhat/update/4.2 for programs I have not installed. If I download
all the rpms and then run "rpm -Uvp *.rpm" in a directory containing
all the update files (except for kernel*.rpm) will rpm be smart enough
to update everything I have installed?

Regards,
Terry Eck