Oh, so that's how my conf.modules got over writtem.
Add
allias eth0 tulip
or whatever the ethernet card driver name is

#Thanks,

#Matt Smith
#============================
#[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/14 2:51 PM >>>
I ran sndconfig and got my soundblaster working.  However, I suspect
sndconfig overwrote my /etc/conf.modules file and my ethernet card
doesn't work any more.  I now have to manually issue a 'insmod tulip'
command to get my networking back up.

Can someone tell me the syntax of adding the tulip module into
/etc/conf.modules?

Thanks,
-Eric Wood