On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 20:54, Jeremy Petzold wrote:
> I love KATE on KDE but I love Gnome (much more useable and out of the
> way)
>
> is there a text editor on gnome  that has highlighting in it?

I use gvim.  very good syntax highlighting for a mind numbing number of
languages, auto indent (using curly braces) folding, side by side diff
edits and so frigging configurable I hate to get started adding stuff.

I have a pretty simple .gvimrc if you want it that sets up the dark bg
that I prefer and autoindent.

oh yeah, I actually use gvim -reverse aliased to vi on all my systems.

Bret