How do I got about Getting Quake II running in XFree86 release 6?  I tried
typing it in xterm, but it says that the console doesn't support something
or other.

I am using X without any special Window Managers.

Also, doom doesn't want to work for me.  I tried running it several times.
I keep editing the libvga.config in /etc/vga/ to try different mice, but
none of them seem to work with it.  It says that mouse_init failed.  How do
I disable the mouse for Doom so that it doesn't even check for?  Doom works
fine in X11, but I don't like the small window.

Trenton D. Adams.vcf