Hello all

I have been trying to get my updated Sendmail up and running but so far I havent been able to get it to work right...

First problem (yes there are more then one:))

Once I updated my Sendmail and tried to start it I couldnt get my sm-client to work, it just couldnt write into the pid file, cause the init.d script changes the owner and group of the pid file

fine....just commented out : chown smmsp:smmsp /var/run/sm-client.pid

after doing that I could start sendmail and the sm-client....good

but when I looked at my maillog I saw the following :

sm-msp-queue[6645]: gethostbyaddr(10.0.0.1) failed: 1

hmmz...ok, just shut the interface down, wasnt using it anyway, that problem out of the way. Mayb its not a real problem and the Sendmail runs fine without it, but at least it saves me an error.

and now comes the part which I couldnt fix

tried to send mail gives me the following error :
Unrecognized host name testdomain.nl

tried every domain where I have email addresses, same problem everywhere.

I took a working sendmail.mc of another Linux box (running Debian), didnt change anything, same problem...

sendmail.mc contains :

divert(0)dnl
define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl
include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.8-5 $')
OSTYPE(`linux')dnl
DOMAIN(`generic')dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')dnl
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`dnsbl')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db')dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
Cwwebroot.nl
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
FEATURE(`use_ct_file')dnl
FEATURE(`smrsh')dnl
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

LOCAL_CONFIG
## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)

does anyone know about these problems?, and now a good way to fix these?

thanx in advance