Michael Schwendt wrote:Must be more involved at your end. How often have you tried it?

Must be more involved at your end. How often have you tried it?

There WAS more at my end :-(

A couple of weeks ago I'd installed the shadow-utils SRPM in order to make a local modification to the good_name() function in chkname.c. I recompiled and reinstalled shadow-utils not knowing that it had its own version of su, which got installed into /bin. I'm now aware that coreutils provides the proper /bin/su file! The coreutils version of su behaves as expected.

Eric

--
Eric Chevalier                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          Web: www.tulsagrammer.com