On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 02:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can help with this one.
>
> I have just installed Redhat 9.0 on my Gateway 9500.
>
> I have a Linksys WPC11 v3.0 wireless networkiung card in the PCMCIA slot, which
> Redhat discovered and seems to have installed correctly.
>
> However, whenever I activarte the interface (eth1), it works fine for approx 2.5
> mins, then it stops working.
>
> I am confident that the card and laptop work just fine, as I have a WinXP
> partition on the machine that can use the card for hours at a time.
>
> Any ideas why RedHat is losing this connection after a while, and what it is I
> am doing wrong.

Glenn,

What kernel are you running? I suspect it may be the "updated" RH
kernel? It has known issues w/this. There has been some discussion of it
on the Shrike list, IIRC. Something about a testing kernel from
people.redhat.com fixing it, try the shrike-list archives.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773