Hi!

I am new to the list and I hope this question is on topic. If it is not please recommend another list.

I have recently upgraded my system from RedHat 7.3 to 9.0. Now I have some problems when trying to print from a win98 client via CUPS to a printer which is connected to another win98 client. When i install the printer in CUPS and print a test page, everything works well. However, when I try to print from win98, my printing jobs seem to vanish into thin air. Nothing happens. I do not get an error messages from either the computer I am printing form, from CUPS or from the win98 computer where the printer is attatched. The job is not registered anywhere in CUPS either.

I also tried to install the printer on the server via KDE, but when I install the printer on the win98 client it crashes.

I have tried to restart lpd. When I do this I get the following warning (HP_940c is the name of my printer):

Starting lpd: Warning - HP_940c: 'no :rm, :lp, or :sv entry'
Warning - HP_940c: Bad printcap entry - missing 'sd' or 'client' entry?

I have also tried to do this on a server which is originally set up with 9.0, and with this there are no problems.

Can anyone give me a hint on what is Wrong??

Bjorn