Sun ONE Studio 4 (aka Forte 4 java) runs fine on the 2 RH8 boxes I've
loaded it on.

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 3:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Finding Software and Support for RedHat Linux 8.0

Hi gang...
I just purchased RedHat Linux 8.0 last year (and I'm slowly realizing I probably
should have waited for Linux 9.0), and I'm having the hardest time finding software
that supports it.

Case in point, I also purchased Kylix for Linux last year but didn't realize that 8.0
doesn't really support it. Now I have a $300+ piece of software that I can't use on my
system.

Currently I'm trying to find a version of Forte for Java that will work on my system
and I've found that IT only supports RedHat 7.2.

Is there ANY IDE (or ANY SOFTWARE ) that supports RedHat 8.0, out there. Or did I just
shoot myself in the foot with the purchase of RedHat 8.0?

Andre---