On Thursday 29 May 2003 11:20 pm, Charles R. Dennett wrote:
> Michael Fratoni wrote:

> >>Thanks.  Cot some work to do:
> >>
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] bus]# sensors
> >>Can't access /proc file
> >>/proc/sys/dev/sensors/chips or /proc/bus/i2c unreadable;
> >>Make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] bus]# modprobe i2c-proc
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] bus]# sensors
> >>No sensors found!
> >>
> >>Looks like I have to figure out /etc/sensors.conf.
> >
> > Running 'sensors-detect' will help with the rest.
> >
> > - --
> > - -Michael
>
> Thanks.  Tried that.  Here are some snippets of the output:

>=== Could not find dmidecode, which should have been installed with
> lm_sensors. Runing dmidecode would help us determining your system
> vendor, which allows safer operations. Please provide one of the
> following:
>   /usr/local/sbin/dmidecode
>   /usr/sbin/dmidecode

Install the kern-utils package from CD2.

$ rpm --redhatprovides /usr/sbin/dmidecode
kernel-utils-2.4-8.29

$ whichcd -v 9 kernel-util
Searching in the RHL9 database.

Searching for kernel-util...
CD-2:kernel-utils-2.4-8.29.i386.rpm

[...]

> I added the line to /etc/modules.conf and rebooted.  Still nothing.
>
> I'll play around with this some more later.  I wouldn't be surprised if
> the lm_sensors module that came with RH 9 is too old for my Asus A7V8X
> motherboard.  Maybe it has some sensors that the program does not know
> about.  An "rpm -qa | grep sensors" tells me it has lm_sensors-2.6.5-5.
> I quick look through google indicates 2.7.0 may be the latest.
>
> Meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them

I have the same board, and about the same results, I'm afraid.
I'm running RH 8.0 on that machine, I'd hoped it would be working in 9.

- --
- -Michael

- --