On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 11:10:56PM -0400, Chen Shi-Ping wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running RH8. Recently, I downloaded the source code of examples from
> the book (UNIX Network Programming, Volume 2, Second Edition, Interprocess
> Communications) by W. Richard Stevens. I followed README's procedures to

Mr. stevens is now, sad to say, deceased. However, his web site still
runs (last I noticed) so you may be able to find Linux-compatible
versions of his programs on that site (I haven't looked there for stuff
from the book you have, but I know for his APUE there are updated versions
of the code.).

> configure and build the basic library as follows:
>
>       $./configure
>       $cd lib
>       $make
>
> There seems no problem when I invoked ./configure and make commands.
> However, I got syntax error when I tried the following:
>
>       $cd ../pipe
>       $make pipeconf
>
> Some function calls have failed. If you know how to get these examples
> working (under RH8), please let me know. Thank you very much.
>
> Shi-Ping
>

> --

---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----------------------------
  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding