> We need more details to help you.
> Have you activated any insual option in your new
> kernel ?

I am doing a RTAI (hard-real time executive) patch and build.
The problem is that I started from scratch building the .config
file since the one in /boot was garbage after my initial RH9
install. I have been learning as I go what must be in the kernel
and what may not. Obviously I have left something out. I am getting
a message when booting:

  fs types devpts not supported by kernel

AFAIK this is related to USB which I have not enabled and do not
need in this kernel. Am I correct about this message?

I strongly doubt that there are any problems with the RTAI
patch since many others have performed the patch on the
same kernel as I without this problem.