The following cropped up on NEWLIST this week. It turns out Time magazine is
preparing a Man of the Century (tough luck about you women!) top ten for
their magazine. Now I don't really see the point in subscribing to the
mailing list, but you can do your duty by voting for Linus at

        http://www.pathfinder.com/time/time100/poll_index.html

In the relevant rubric (BUILDERS AND TITANS), things stand at:

1. richard rogers     636494  7.42%
2. henry ford         555916  6.48
3. douglas macarthur  474770  5.53
4. bill gates         468605  5.46
5. howard hughes      351237  4.09
6. vehbi koc          350473  4.08
7. steve jobs         336439  3.92
8. murat arslan       205791  2.40

I don't know whether I am ignorant, or whether this is an Americano-centric
thing, but I have no clue as to what 1, 6 and 8 did (or maybe I know but
don't know that I know). I also thought 3 went around busting things, not
building them. Whatever.

Apparently Linus has 10 000 votes going for him. redhat-list should be good
for another 1 000 more, so register your opinion, and spread the word to
your Linuxing friends about this.

David