Everywhere I look "java this, java that, java can .." I give up !!
It looks like  I will have to leave my pleasent C, pascal, perl, delphi home
and join the hordes of java fanatics.
        I have looked up several java howto's only to see they contradicted
eachother on several crucial points. So I ask the list, what is the latest
STABLE version of java ? Where can it be downloaded ? And HOW difficult is
it to install?
        My box is running linux 5.0 (Hurricane) pretty much as it came out
of the box. Does java.rpm exist? Pointers to any java installation
documentation would be greatly appreciated.
        In gratitude, I will at a future date, post the url of my pathetic
"hello world button" applet containing homepage plus other bandwasting
tricks. :)
Chris Fenton

PhD student, Dept. Biotechnology
University of Tromso.