Our application builds OK on RH8. But on RH9 I get linking errors:

        undefined reference to __ctype_toupper
        undefined reference to __ctype_b

We use third-party .a libraries which reference those
__ctype_b and __ctype_toupper. When comparing definitions
in libc between RH8 and RH9, I see that in RH9 libc
they are defined differently that in RH8, namely suffixed with
'@GLIBC_2.0':

rh9 % nm -A /lib/libc.so.6 | grep __ctype /lib/libc.so.6:00133d58 D [EMAIL PROTECTED] /lib/libc.so.6:00133d64 D [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Question: 1. Is there any linker trick that allows me to define equivalency of '__ctype_b' with '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and thus allow me to pass linking with older libraries ?

2. Which other redhat mailing lists are better siotable for
this question ?

Yakov Lerner