Subject: ftp problems with wuftp on rh8.0

Hi all, I have some ftp problems, I am running wuftp on RH8.0, I have
constantly had local problems where I cannot login locally from another
windows box on my network, see error message below. If I open the port
on my router and try to connect from outside my lan from a remote box, I
can connect and see the version of ftp when it asks for user and I give
correct details it says error 530 invalid login, I am really not sure
which files should be configured in which ways

hosts
hosts.allow
hosts.deny

ftpaccess
ftpconversions
ftphosts
ftpusers

error message when trying to connect locally through ftp client

STATUS:>        Connect: Tuesday 19:28:43 06-03-2003
STATUS:>        Connecting to 192.168.8.4
STATUS:>        Connecting to 192.168.8.4 (ip = 192.168.8.4)
STATUS:>        Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
ERROR:> Timeout
ERROR:> Can't log in. Still trying...

Many thanks to anyone who can help
Jason