I dont have my GAWK manual handy, but I think your problem may
be that you are using SPRINTF which is a print to string function
as in  str = sprintf() rather than something like  fprintf() or printf()

I would expect that the format overall would be

        INPUT_SOURCE | awk -f awk-script_file > outputfile

and awk-script_file
        would contain your awk code
        including something like

        printf("\"%s\",\"%s\"\n", SiteVal, CustomerID);

        or the %c format illustrated below...

The syntax error may not be the "'s, but your use of sprintf and the more
PERL Like
>> "filename" . These constructs may have been added in GAWK, but they were
not in
the original AWK as far as I can remember.

Check the manual.........