* root sharif
> but still i don't know how to access my Windows BOXES from my linux box.
> or ...the vise versa...
> what are the next steps.. i should follow???
> pls let me know.

I'll recommend you to read one of the many tutorials on samba laying
around on the Internet or on your own /usr/share/doc.  Here are
something to try for:

1. Are your samba daemons running?  Try:  'ps aux |grep "[sn]mbd"'

2. If not, start them:  '/etc/init.d/smb start'

3. Connect locally:  'smbclient -L //localhost'
   Do you get a list of resources, i.e. one resource: WWW?

4. Connect to BOXES: 'smbclient -L //BOXES'

5. Is BOXES a DNS name?  If not, you need a wins server or a wins
   mapping file (/etc/lmhosts).  Either insert BOXES into this file or
   edit smb.conf with the line 'wins server = <ip address>' where you
   replace <ip address> with the address of your wins server.

--
 Jon Haugsand, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://www.norges-bank.no