Hello,
I am trying to set up my RH linux 7.3 as a print server using samba. I want it
so that even guest user that does not have an account in the linux machine
can print to it as well.

I read through the samba configuration from RH 7.3 manual in redhat website,
and looked at the Un-official samba how to from samba.org also, but still
can't get this to work.

OK, so here goes the problem. Using Win2000, I can see the linux machine, and
map the drive there, but I have to login as my username in the linux machine
(arcturus), and password. Once I've done that, I can go to Start -> Setting
-> Add Printer and browse for network printer. Then I can see Arcturus,
double click on it, and see the printers.

But, if I don't map arcturus first, so in this case I am a just a 'guest' user
accordig to arcturus, I can't browse the printers attached to arcturus.

My smb.conf is pretty much the default one with Redhat, except I enabled
(un-comment) the following:

[global]
 guest account = pcguest

[homes]
  map to guest = bad user

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   Set public = yes
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja