I was looking for a good man page viewer for X when I started playing
with gman and yelp.  Upon closer review, I saw that gman was nothing
more than a link to yelp.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /usr/bin/which gman
/usr/bin/gman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ls /usr/bin/gman -l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 Jun  9 20:43 /usr/bin/gman ->
yelp

However, when I run yelp, I get an application titled "Help Contents -
Help Browser" with choices for the Gnome desktop and "Additional
Documents" which includes "Manual Pages".  Now, if I run gman, the
application is titled "Manual Pages - Help Browser" and the choices are
for the seven categories of man pages.  *BUT*, if I run /usr/bin/gman I
get the same thing as if I ran yelp (that makes sense).  So, I don't
think I am running /usr/bin/gman when I run gman.  I do not have an
alias set up for gman (I checked by typing just "alias" - that does show
ALL aliases in effect, right?)  Obviously, gman is sending some
arguments to yelp, but I'd like to know how I can do it manually.  That
was a long way of asking the other thing that I am really trying to
figure out, which is, how can I use gman (or yelp) to act like man.
That is, I'd like to type "gman ls" and the man page would show up for
"ls".

Thanks.

Skip