On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 11:08, regis wrote:
On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 10:51, Hal Burgiss wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 10:40:09AM -0500, rm wrote:
> >
> > LABEL=/
> > LABEL=/boot
> > /dev/fd0
> > none
> > none
> > /dev/hda5
> > /dev/cdrom
> >
> > Then I did: fsck -y /dev/fd0
> >
> > and it responded:
> >
> > fsck 1.26 (3-Feb-2002)
> > Could not determine filesystem type for /dev/fd0
> > fsck: fsck.auto: not found
> > fsck Error 2 while executing fsck.auto for /dev/fd)
> >
> > Any idea what the fsck I did wrong here?
>
> Do you want to check the floppy drive?
>
> Try
>
>  e2fsck -f -c /dev/hda5
>
> and other Linux partitions on hda.
>
> --
> Hal Burgiss

Hal, or anyone else who is familiar with this..

Thanks for the reply.  Obviously I'm not so sharp on picking up which
drive is which.  I ran  e2fsck -f -c /dev/hda5
 and got the following response:

"WARNING!!! Running e2fsck on a mounted filesystem may cause SEVERE
filesystme damage.

Do you really want me to continue (y/n)?"

I was just about to enter "y" when the all caps "SEVERE" caused me to
hesitate.  Is this a typical warning or should I do something to try to
"unmount" the filesystem before continuing?

thanks

regis

--

rm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>