> This may sound odd, but i like different aspects of RH4.2 and 5.0,
> Mainly all of 4.2 with some patches, and the 5.0v of useradd & userdel
>
> I'd like to be able to run them on 4.2, but they don't seem to be
> just moveable....  I looked on the RH site for suggestions, and didn't
> catch any.

        [Tempel, Philippe]  If you can get the source for
        those utilities, then there's no reason why you can't
        compile them on your older system.  This assumes
        that they don't have any special PAM or library
        issues.  I tried an rpm -qid on these two utilities and
        it said that they are not owned by any packages.
        So it looks like they were installed separately.  They
        should hopefully be somewhere on a Redhat mirror
        near you.