>Someone out there must be using a RH Linux firewall with great success. If
>so, could you please drop me a line and let me know the exact make and
>model of the ethernet cards you're using?

We've been using several boxes to act as firewall between network segments
using RH for almost year-- works great!   We're using 3c905s :)

>I'm using 3Com 3C905's, but continue to have problems, possibly because
>they share the same IRQ. I'd like to find Linux friendy alternatives,
>rather than go through the hassles of trying to change the IRQs. Again.
>Although I appreciate the feedback I've received in the past, I'm not
>trying to fix the 3C905's anymore - just looking for alternative cards.

The 905s are great but if you really want to change them, I'd recommend the
Intel Ethernet Express Pro.  We've also tried them in some machines.  Didn't
have problems with them.