I'm using RHL 5.0 and XFree86. The default window manager is fvwm2 which
starts up with a cyan4 background for the root window. I think I've
tracked down the lines in /etc/X11/Anotherlevel/fvwm2rc.init which are

# SetupFunction gets run at Init and Restart

AddToFunc "SetupFunction"
+ "I" Exec xsetroot -solid BG_COLOR
                           ^^^^^^^^
I can't find where BG_COLOR is defined. I would think it could be
defined in each user's home directory somewhere.

The following files are in my home directory

.FVWM2-errors
.Xclients
.Xdefaults
.fvwm2rc.m4
.xinitrc
Xrootenv.0

I've seen other shell variables which have a $ in front but BG_COLOR
must be different somehow. Could someone please enlighten me?

Ron Golan