On 16:48 16 Jun 2003, Drew Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Howdy, I am finally replacing a very old Redhat 6.2 box with a brand new
| shiny dell 2650 and redhat 9, the issue is i have some older perl scripts,
| and they work great on Redhat 6.2, heck they even work great on Redhat
| 9 assuming that I am running the script as root, when i chown +s this
| file and then try and run it as user nobody it says 'Can't do setuid'.

Please press [enter] every 70 chars or so.

| it worked fine on 6.2

They're built perl without setuid support. Which is the CORRECT way to
do it.  If you need a particular script to be run by a nonroot user and
do root things, use sudo to grant the power.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The Tao that is seen
Is not the true Tao, until
You bring fresh toner.