I am a Linux newbie and just installed Red Hat 9.  I am creating a samba server using just the command line interface, no X installed.  Installation went fine, until I tried to set up my samba server.  I can’t mount the cdrom.  Here are the errors I get:

hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

hdc: command error=0x50

end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00 (hdc) sector 9992036 // this repeats about 20 times with different sectors listed

UDF-fs: No partition found (1)

ISOFS: unable to read i-node block

mount: not a directory

Could someone please give me any idea of what I am looking at?  I have a CD-ROM on it’s own IDE channel set up as a master.  I tried to mount the floppy drive and that worked fine.  Any suggestions would be totally welcome because I can’t do anything w/out my cdrom.

Thanks a million,

Jason