On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Ivan Sivkov wrote:

> libraries and specific windows apps/games. After performing a couple of
> benchmark tests, we felt sorry to establish that most windows games run
> pretty slowly on RedHat with WineX 3. We have noticed that the

Red Hat does some weird tweaking to their kernels, and they don't really
disclose what patches they've applied, so it's kind of hard to
reverse-engineer the problems. Basically, you should build a new kernel
from source, and see if that resolves your problem.

Of course, something may break in RH9 because of the new NPTL support.
If so, you may want to use RH 8.0 with a stock kernel instead or the much
more stable 7.3.

--
The DMCA is anti-consumer. The RIAA has no right to rewrite copyright
laws to suit themselves.