I have an urgent need inside a shell script to replace a filename within
an html file with the absolute url to the file.

For example, http://www.thesite.com/theform.html calls a CGI script.  The
FORM tag looks like this:

< form name="thisForm" method="post" action="myScript.pl" >

What I need to do is create a shell script that will replace

  action="myScript.pl"

with

  action="http://www.thesite.com/myScript.pl";

What's complicating this is that theform.html and myScript.pl are
replicated in hundreds of directories throughout the site, and
theform.html in each directory needs to be changed to reflect the local
copy of myScript.pl.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

I've been pounding away at it all day and I have come no closer to a
solution.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry