On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Peter Kiem wrote:

> Hi Didier,
>
> > I have an S-cable which connects my laptop tp my tv. Can anybody tell me
> >  how to switch display from lcd screen to tv or how to have both?
> > Currently  when redhat gui loads, it switches to lcd screen only!
>
> Sounds normal to me.  It is controlled by the laptop hardware and there is
> usually a key sequence to press for output to LCD, monitor or both.

I know what you mean. I tried the key alt + Fn +F10 keys something to
switch display and it didn't work. There are some other software settings:
I've dual boot Windows XP so and I had to modify some settings and enable
display on tv through the control panel to get some display on my tv. But
on Linux I've no clue how to do it.

--

Didier

PhD student

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg