Christopher Alexander wrote:

Hello,

I have a IBM PC 365 (dual Ppro200, 128mb, 10gb IDE, Ensoniq sound, 3c905bt, ATI Rage Pro 64 PCI) with a Adaptec AHA-1540 ISA scsi card w/a SCSI HP 4x/8x/32x CD-RW. This system has tested fine under win98se and all components functioned fine.

I attempted to install RHL9 using a boot disk (CD will not auto boot), and the install cannot find the CDROM drive. I think I need a a Linux driver for the 1540, but a cannot find one. Switching to another controller is not a option since all three PCI slots are taken by the NIC, sound, and Video cards, leaving me one ISA for the 1540.

Plug and pray has been disabled in the BIOs, and all current firmware updates have been done per IBM's website.

If I can find a 1540 Linux driver disk, I will be ok, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Chris, please wrap all lines to 72 characters or less.

I've had to do this with a 1542CP once.

You are correct though - there seem to be no 1540 drivers in the modules directory.

Although there are heaps of other posts I found using google that seem to say they got Linux installed with a 1540 just fine.

Did you try a few of the AIC drivers?

Regards,
Ed.