"Bailo, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Rh73 distro
>
> Problem:
>
> The root mailbox has become very large, 300MB.
>
> I want to offload it by forwarding mail to various mailboxes.

This sounds like a good job for procmail.  Procmail can be invoked
against a mbox spool or individual files and process them in
thousands of ways.  Its robust, fast and versatile.  Also comes as
part of you redhats install, already linked in with sendmail.

It does require some tinkerage in procmailrc syntax.  But once you've
seen the basics, there's really no other mail processing tool in its
league.

If you show more exactly what you want to do, I can probably show you
how to do it with procmail.