On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 13:24, Neil Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

> > Thinking of using a Linux 9.0 box running Snort for detection in the
> > Untrusted Zone of our network (i.e., before the firewall). I would like to
> > know the absolute minimum configuration (package/software) and a suggested
> > hardening script that could be used for this.
>
> Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Red Hat Linux 9.0, not Linux 9.0.

<NITPICK>
Sorry to be pedantic, but it's neither...it's Red Hat Linux 9 (hehe)
</NITPICK>

Cheers! (Relax...have a homebrew)

Neil
Now there's one I haven't heard for quite a while! Been two years since I made a batch. I started years ago when Pete Slosberg was still hobnobbing in the Compuserve forums.