Bret Hughes wrote:
On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 16:33, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
<snip>
You can't get around regularly scanning.

well I am not sure. I guess it depends on the definition of regular. You could probably use fam and let it trigger a scan as soon as an
upload is complete.

You could, but if the FTP server is used on anything nearing a regular basis, you risk the chance of having a crap load of instances of the same program running at the same time, causing more of the processor to be used for the scanner then anything else. Once an hour or even once every 30 minutes should be effective without adding that much more of a load.

I still like the dmz deal in my other post.

It is a good, if complicated, idea.

Bret