On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Mark Bruen wrote:

> On redhat 9 I'm currently booting from the secondary IDE first drive (hdc). I
> tried adding a drive to the primary IDE first drive (hda). The system booted
> but could not attach the swap partition on hdc. I'd like to put my current
> drive on the primary IDE first drive (hda) and the additional drive on the
> secondary IDE first drive (hdc). Do I need to change all config file
> references from hdc to hda prior to shutting down redhat? Are there any other
> config commands I need to run or grub commands at boot time?
> Thanks.

i'm not going to guarantee that this will work, but if you're using
GRUB as a boot loader, there is a file /boot/grub/device.map that
you might be able to tweak to specify your boot disk.

on my system, the contents are:

  # this device map was generated by anaconda
  (fd0)     /dev/fd0
  (hd0)     /dev/hda

but i've never had any need to play with this, so i'm only
throwing out a suggestion.

  anyone want to clarify this?

rday

--