> I am trying to get ports opened for both ssh and cvs so that I can get code
> from external sites, but our firewall uses proxies and proxies do not exist
> for these two protocols. Does anyone know if any other proxy will work for
> these two systems. For example, will an ssl proxy work for ssh and telnet
> for cvs?

You should be able to get cvs through a http proxy (squid for example).

fwtk has a ssh proxy but it's designed for incoming not outgoing
connections which means it's not suitable for your purpose (traffic
on the outside won't be encrypted).

I've used fwtk's plug-gw for this.  It only allows you to set up
a many (on the inside) to one (on the outside) connection but if you
need to connect to more than one external host you can configure more
plug-gw's on different ports.

---
Ian