On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:14:08AM +0200, Zoki wrote:

> > Yes. I am using a ATA/133 controller. But redhat recognized and set up
> > the controller, partitioned the harddrive with disk druid without any

> *** What is the brand of your controller?

> Software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.

The controller came with the Maxtor 160G harddrive. I believe it is
maxtor brand. See:
http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/products/accessories/ultra_ata/ultra_ata_133_pci_adapter_card/index.htm

Although its manual says 'windows OS required', redhat 9 can handle the
controller and harddrive without problem.

I do have another question. It seems that Large File Support (LFS) is
not complete in redhat 9. I have huge files (>2G) from my digital
camcorder,
1. transcode can not read (even 'ls' fail) files >2G from a fat32 partition.
2. 'ls' can display >2G files but transcode can only do the first 2G of
   the files on ext3 file system.

Is ther a way to get around this?

Thanks.

--