On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, dlangschied wrote:

> RH 8
>
> I guess I may need to be a little more clear.  The application is creating a
> file mfgempty.ksh.  This is failing in the bash shell.  I wnet to change the
> users shell and I did not see ksh as a choice.

if you truly need the official ksh (not pdksh, which is not quite the
same thing), go to www.rpmfind.net and look for "ksh93".

i used this ksh extensively when teaching an intro unix course under
linux for which the students needed a ksh to be compatible with their
own version of unix back at the office (typically, solaris).

rday

p.s.  and if you want to add an alternative shell to your linux
system, remember to add its filename to /etc/shells.

--

Robert P. J. Day
Eno River Technologies

www.enoriver.com