The current crontab man pages state otherwise. i.e. Only if the cronjob
generates output. See man 5 crontab

Anyway, if I understand your stated goal... then set/enable the -v option to
bash to force the shell to print the commands as they are executed.

# cat ~/backup.sh
#!/bin/bash

set -v
cp /root/install.log /root/install.log.copy

# crontab -e

20 * * * * * ~/backup.sh

Steve Cowles