At 11:32 AM 7/3/03, Richard Humphrey wrote:

I am running a RH 8.0 box with up2date sendmail and when I got to
www.dnsreport.com i get the following error. Anyone know what the cause
is?

WARN: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail in the domain
literal format ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). Mailservers are technically required
RFC1123 5.2.17 to accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP
addresses. Not accepting domain literals can make it more difficult to
test your mailserver, and can prevent you from receiving E-mail from
people reporting problems with your mailserver. However, it is unlikely
that any problems will occur if the domain literals are not accepted.

mail.rhumphrey.com's [EMAIL PROTECTED] response:
    >>> RCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    <<< 550 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged
[69.2.200.182]

Richard Humphrey

The above message is a warning - the "Fail" message is the one you want to fix.
It looks like virtusertable might contain:
@mail.rhumphrey.com             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to redirect all mail to another email account. mail to postmaster should be deposited into a mailbox on the local server.

@mail.rhumphrey.com localuser