At 03:52 PM 7/2/03, Frank Bax wrote:
RedHat7.2 - OOo 1.0.3.1 - We have placed some OOo documents on our intranet. When I click the link to a OOo document, the file is displayed as garbage within Konqueror. If I right-click, "save as" to disk, then browse disk and double-click on file, then OOo opens the document as it should. I have checked "Konqueror Settings", "File Associations" and sxc appears to be associated with OOo calc. What gives?

I uninstalled OOo workstation, then re-checked associations. System retained info about what sx* meant, but no application assigned - I deleted what was there anyway, then re-installed OOo. File associations were rebuilt as before (OOo is only application for these extensions) - but browser still does the same thing. The fact that OOo opens file when accessed from local disk indicates file associations are correct, doesn't it? Why/how does where the file come from affect the behaviour?

Tested with Konqueror, Mozilla and Netscape - all the same.