Hi all!
I have been trying to get my RH 8.0 to reboot correctly for some time.  I
have asked questions of the RH elite here on the mail list and I have not
gone anywhere.
I loaded Linux on a laptop.  Right from the start I have had difficulties
getting past "pcmcia".  I cannot boot on the network.  I have to unplug my
network cable and wait untill the boot is complete.  Then I plug in the
network and activate.  I asked for sage advise on this mail list on I got a
couple of suggestions.  The first was to move pcmcia higher in the boot
process than the network.  This resulted in errors in the launch of pcmcia.
The second suggestion was to create a static IP.  This proved no benefit.
On Tuesday, I was at a facility where I was asked to create a specific
static IP to connct to their network.  I forgot to remove this before I
shutdown.  I was unable to reboot.  I again asked the mail list what to do.
Someone had said that all that need be done is to enter a "I" to boot in
interactive mode.  I have done this, but it still boots in non-interactive
mode.  At this time, I cannot go past pcmcia with or without the network
cable.  I need some advise!

Sincerely,

David Langschied
Langschied Consulting Services