Hi,

I just installed freefont and I can use them until my next reboot. Then, I
can't see them and have to reinstall again.

Any ideas?

I believe I am not installing them in the correct directory. The readme file
mention (bellow) /usr/X11/lib/fonts but because I don't have this directory I
installed it under usr/x11R6/include/x11/fonts.

So I did,

  xset fp+ /usr/x11R6/include/x11/fonts/freefont
  xset fp rehash

Thank you,
Ricardo

Installation for X11 (readme file)
_______________________________

1. Change to /usr/X11/lib/fonts

2. untar the archive freefont-0.10.tar.gz

3. Give the following commands to make X11 accept the new fonts

  xset fp+ /usr/X11/lib/fonts/freefont
  xset fp rehash

4. The fonts are available under X11.
Check them out by running "xfontsel" for example.

5. Cleanup. You might erase all licenses in
/usr/X11/lib/fonts/freefont with
   rm *.license *.tgz
but it would be better to have a look at them first...