On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 03:21, Louis Sabet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a bunch of Linux PCs, all with exactly the same config and hardware.
> (RH9 over LTSP on Dell Optiplex G1s)
>
> Each of these machines has an optical USB intellimouse connected to the
> PS/2 port by means of an adapter that comes with the mouse.

i dont use the ps2 adapter
but here are my notes to get the side buttons on the mouse
to do forward/back in the browsers
(it does work)

get side buttons on mouse to work on X windows
        edit /etc/X11/XF86config
        Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Buttons"               "7"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
EndSection

        then i addded a file to /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d
        that included this
                #!/bin/bash
                xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 7 6 4 5"
                imwheel -b '67'