-{ Rene Brehmer }- wrote:

Hi gang

How do I disable the grub boot-selection screen? ... In a way so that I can reactivate it once I get going on my custom kernel ...

Right now it serves no purpose, as the machine has only 1 kernel to load anyways. I've changed the boot-timeout in grub.conf to 0, but it still spends time loading the graphical screen, and as soon as it's displayed it moves on ... I just want it to skip the selection screen completely, but still allow to run it once I need it for custom kernel testing ...

TIA

Rene

Remove the splash screen. splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)