Thanks for all you help. I bit the bullet and done this the virtual host
way rather that run 2 httpd server on one box.

What I wanted was to have httpd listening on 2 ports, port 80 and port
2222, and to use 2 different cgi-bin's. Port 80 is my public site,  but
there are some administrative cgi's, which for securities sake I didn't
want in cgi-bin on my public httpd server, hence the separate httpd server
and cgi-bin, with port 2222 filtered with iptables.

In hindsight virtual hosts was the proper way of doing this.

http://www.e-securenetworks.net
http://www.shopper-holic.com
http://www.planet247.net
http://www.auction-holic.com