Make sure that your system is finding your cdrom drive when it boots.
dmesg | less

I don't think you are making a backup of a music cd, but just in case you
are I hope you know that you can't mount audio disks.

Regards,
Jake Johnson

Plutoid - http://www.plutoid.com - Shop Plutoid for the best prices on
Rims, Car Audio, and Performance Parts.