On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 07:13, dch wrote:
> 1. Does anyone have 1.4 working RELIABLY with KDE? When I had it
> installed it would crash frequently.

Works great, once I deleted ~/.gnome* and ~/.gconf*.  Prior to that
running Evolution would cause Corba errors in other gnome-ish tools,
like the Red Hat notification icon.  Seems I have to delete my Gnome
configuration every few months.  It decays. :-/

> 2. How do I get it to work with the local file in contrast to having to
> IMAP or Pop3 the mail? There is an option for receiving via standard
> Unix spool but, inexplicably, I cannot get it to work. I have the server
> files (var/spool/mail/<user> distributed to client machines as NFS.

I was using local maildir's until I switched to IMAP via dovecot (highly
recommended).  I'm happy I switched, because it makes it easier to jump
between email clients, including a web client like Squirrelmail.
Performance is surprisingly good.  I don't feel much of a difference
from directly accessing the maildir's with Evolution.

HTH,
Steve