From: Cornelius Kölbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RPM Pacakages and how to Apache Uninstall
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:29:52 +0200

Hari Om wrote:

where can I get RPM pacakages for Apache, Tomcat etc...

Apache web sites shows only TAR and GZ files but NO RPM files which I can use on my RH Linux 7.1

THANKS!

Hello,

you can use "checkinstall" to make your own rpm.
Download the source-tgz and do a:
./configure && make && checkinstall -R make install

checkinstall watches the output of "make install" and generates your own rpm!

Regards
Cornelius