On Tuesday 15 July 2003 07:49 am, Nick Lindsell wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 07:31, Jake Johnson wrote:
> > Make sure your first line is
> > #!/usr/bin/perl
> >
> > and
> >
> > chmod +x script.pl to make it executable.
>
> And likewise for a shell script:
>
> first line = #!/bin/bash
> then chmod +x script.

If I understand the OP correctly, his script is neither perl or shell, but SQL
script. SQL script is not "executable" in the sense of bash or perl script,
but loadable (I think that's the correct term) from the database client. So
it does not need to have directive on the first line.
All he needs is to know what database client he uses, and load the script from
it. For example, for mysql, you do something like (off the top of my head):

$> mysql -p < myscript.sql

RDB