On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:07:18 -0700
"Vij Chau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I have a movie playing using gmplayer / xine.
>
> I try to take a screenshot of my desktop using the [prnt screen]
> button, but I never get the movie part. I get a solid blue screen in
> place of the movie in my screenshot. I also tried taking screenshots
> with GIMP & with gkrellm'shoot' plug-in but none work.
>
> I am looking for a fine screenshot; something like
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design6/screen.html
>
> Any idea how this can be done? Do i need to use any special
> screenshot taking software??

    I think it depends on whether mplayer is letting the hardware
drive the screen in that location or whether the images are going
through the X server.  If mplayer is using the Xv extension, then
probably not, since that allows the hardware to draw directly to the
screen.
  You can change the video driver mplayer is using from Xv to X11.
This will be slow but uses a normal X11 bitmap instead of the hardware
accelerated playback.

I believe the mplayer defaults to -vo xv. The option you want is:
                    -vo x11

With this you can take a normal screenshot using import, or whatever.
Works well with mplayer and ksnapshot - under KDE's Graphics menu.

                                           Regards,

                                            Tom